PKK terrorists and deposed regime remnants disrupt ceasefire, attack Syrian Army
Damascus, Jan. 19 (SANA) The Operations Command of the Syrian Arab Army said Monday that certain terrorist groups, including the PKK and remnants of the deposed regime, are attempting to disrupt the implementation of the ceasefire agreement by targeting Syrian Arab Army forces.
The Command told SANA that “These groups carried out two attacks against Syrian forces deployed in the Jazira region, resulting in the martyrdom of three soldiers and injuries to others.”
Earlier Monday, the Command announced the Syrian Army has begun deploying forces in the Jazira region in northeastern Syria to secure the area under the agreement reached with the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF). It added that the army units have so far secured Tishreen Dam, the northern countryside of Raqqa, and the western countryside of Hasakah.
Late Sunday, President Ahmad al-Sharaa signed a ceasefire and full integration agreement with the SDF. The agreement consists of 14 points that provide an immediate and comprehensive ceasefire, along with full administrative and military handover of Deir Ezzor and Raqqa governorates to the Syrian government. The move was widely welcomed by Arab and international actors.
SANA