Syrian authorities arrest two suspects linked to security attacks, Daraya massacre
Tartous, Jan. 15 (SANA) The Interior Ministry said on Thursday that the Internal Security Directorate in the city of Baniyas, Tartous province on Syria’s coast, has arrested Ali Ramez Mohammad, who is accused of targeting positions of the Internal Security Forces and the army during the March events last year.
The ministry said the arrest was carried out based on what it described as reliable information.
In a separate operation, the ministry said the directorate also arrested Shadi Mohammad Mayhoub, who was formerly affiliated with the Republican Guard during the rule of the ousted regime.
According to the ministry, Mayhoub is accused of participating in the massacre of al-Balaya village in the countryside of the city of Daraya, in Damascus Countryside, in which a number of civilians were killed.
The two operations come as part of ongoing efforts to pursue those involved in criminal acts and attempts to undermine security and stability, as well as those responsible for violations and crimes committed against the Syrian people during the ruling of the ousted regime.
The ministry said these measures are being carried out within the framework of applying transitional justice and ensuring the rights of victims and their families.
SANA