U.S. launches large-scale strikes on ISIS targets across Syria
U.S. launches large-scale strikes on ISIS targets across Syria
The latest attack comes after U.S. forces struck ISIS infrastructure and weapons sites last month in retaliation for the deaths of two U.S. soldiers and a civilian interpreter.
The military in December launched strikes against Islamic State group infrastructure and weapons.
CENTCOM spokesperson Capt. Tim Hawkins told NBC News that more than 35 targets were struck in Saturday’s operation. More than 90 precision munitions were fired, and more than 20 aircraft were involved.
Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth posted about the strikes on X, saying, “We will never forget, and never relent.”
The military said the strikes targeted ISIS “as part of our ongoing commitment to root out Islamic terrorism against our warfighters, prevent future attacks, and protect American and partner forces in the region.”
Source: NBC News